Subtle deception

How much of my frustration is aimed at things I cannot control? How much of it should be aimed that those things that I can? Of course control is a relative term in light of God’s sovereignty, but I am clearly called, in the Scriptures, to do certain things as there is at least the hint that I am able to do those things through God’s grace. So what of it? It rains and I stress because the grass is getting long and I will not be able to mow. The oldest sits in some water and I am stressed because the plans I had for playing outside just a little more were thwarted. Yet, the excuses come flowing when I offend my wife or miss a deadline. Subtle deception for sure. Life carries on and my focus should ever be more internal than it was the day before. So what of it? How will I be today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer