OK so how am I doing

OK, so how am I doing? Seems like a weird question to ask myself, but I believe that honest self-evaluations are firmly the work of the Spirit…so how am I doing? On January 17, 2006 I wrote:

It is only January 17, 2006 but already I feel different this year – in a good way. There are some things that I am doing differently; some unique things that I was not doing at all last year:
  • I am reading through the Bible in a year. I am only on Genesis chapter 40, but you have to start at Genesis 1 so that is a bit of progress.

  • I am reading a novel. I am going through Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury again. I read it when I was younger (14 or 15 I think) so it was high time I read it again. Also, I cannot remember the last novel I read.

  • I read the Jesus I Never Knew by Phillip Yancey. I have decided to read more this year.

  • I am on the treadmill 5 times a week for 30 minutes.

  • My wife and I have been renting more movies. Since Christmas I think we have watched 4 or 5 different DVDs.
I have been writing regularly in this blog since the middle of November 2005.

  • I am on schedule with the Bible reading which is due, in no small part, to some of the business trips I have been taking where I caught up. Last night I finished the first two chapters in Esther and the first chapter in Romans.

  • I have not read another novel nor have I read another book. I want to re-read a small book by John MacArthur called Found: God’s Will and internalize the Scripture it contains to a great extent.

  • I have decided to bump the treadmill time down to 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). I have lost 20-25 pounds and two inches off my waist.

  • Last weekend my wife and I watched Cheaper by the Dozen 2. It was a nice movie.

  • I am still writing regularly in this blog. I will leave the judgment of the quality of the posts as an exercise to the reader.

We’ll see what the second half of the year brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer