Higher still

I love bumper stickers. I saw one the other day that was meant to be a joke (I think), but it stuck me as an attitude I often have. It said, “Hey, I am out of bed and dressed. What more do you want from me?” Sometimes I revel in the minute accomplishments of the day. Not quite to the extent of the joke on the bumper sticker, but in my mind and heart I trumpet my successes and victories over such small giants in my life. The fact of the matter is I need to be striving for higher heights emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually. That is what glorifies God and what He has designed me to do.

So, no, it is not an amazing thing that I grew a lawn in my front yard this year and it seems to be holding. Get over it, Mark, and move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer