Faithfulness and immutability

I have everything I need. The calm reassurance of that is based on the Scriptures and a faithful God. I don’t think that I make enough of God’s faithfulness and His immutability. Where would I be if it wasn’t for a God who is faithful even when we are not? I lament the lack of follow-through and loyalty in others on an almost daily basis but so quickly turn to other more “visible” (I was about to write glamorous…would that have been more appropriate?) characteristics of God when I ascribe Him praise. And what of His immutability? Without it His faithfulness would always be in question as would be His very character and, possibly, His complete existence.

Yes, great is Your faithfulness O God my Father – where there is no shadow where you have turned. Even more so the fact that You change not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer