Trees and entropy

This house is crumbling

This property is condemned

This house is crumbling

Who'll say the last amen?

– Murder in the Big House, Chagall Guevara


All it takes is someone with a different perspective to make me think just a bit differently. I got an estimate last night on some tree work that we have needed since the day we moved into our house 2.75 years ago. Well, I had an idea what I wanted to get done, but the guy that gave me the estimate had a different idea entirely. His made more sense and I am going to, by and large, take his recommendation. We have birch, cherry, and oak trees in our front yard and at least four of the birch and one of the cherry trees are going to come down. The oak will be trimmed and that is, hopefully, going to give us enough sun to get grass in there for good. The back yard is a different story. We have a clump of three trees that have to come down for safety reasons. There is no hope of getting grass back there now, but I do wonder after these trees are down if there will be enough sun to make a run at it.

Order out of disorder – that is all I’ll be struggling with until the day I die in this old world. But being made in the image of God, it is a participation in the divine nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer