She sings harmony

My wife sings harmony. When I am standing next to her gathered with the Church and we sing hymns and spiritual songs my wife sings harmony. I sing the melody for that escapes me far too often for me to begin to try to sing harmony. Yet, even when I hit the sour note or struggle like I do on the melody she still sings harmony. When the storms roll in and nothing around me seems familiar and the fog envelopes me and makes me tired she sings harmony. When I have lost my way and am insecure wondering where the North Star is in my struggle to regain a sense of direction she sings harmony. And beautifully, mind you, so beautifully. I’ll never hear a voice as sweet as hers this side of my home and I’ll never know a joy like standing next to her, hand in hand sometimes, and hearing her sing harmony to my imperfect melody. For she has embraced the Father so completely that His desire for her in our relationship has melted so deeply into her warm heart that it is indistinguishable from her own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer