Results encourage me

Results encourage me. I have been exercising this year (since January 2006) 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day on the treadmill. I think I have lost about 15 pounds (not sure as there is no scale in our house) and I am definitely more physically fit. I felt my new level of fitness when I was playing with the boys, two of my nieces, and one of my nephews over the weekend. I had some bursts of speed that I took on that would have left me huffing and puffing not that long ago. It was great to recover quickly from those and be ready for the next time I had to go all out. These are the kind of results I was expecting, but never thought I’d see. It is very cool. I have been doing some High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) on the treadmill and have upped my high intensity intervals from 6 minutes to 7.5 out of a 30 minute workout. I think I could easily go to 10 or 12 minutes but what’s the rush? I am thinking about strength training. And thinking, and thinking…..

Results encourage me. Had I not seen these results would I still be doing what I am doing now. Um, no. Not a chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer