Resignation

I am having a harder and harder time explaining God. I mean I do have a relationship with Him through Christ and He is my savior and provider, but whenever I think I have figured Him out He changes the game. There is so much that I find about Him in the Scriptures, but there is so much mystery in Him. He is so vast that when I think about Him I get lost. Lost in the Universes that He is. Language breaks down, thoughts, experience, wisdom that I may have or have acquired are not even inadequate; they’re bankrupt to plumb the Deep that He is. Frustrated here I keep typing, capitalizing this, re-writing that, to even begin to articulate the gulf that exists between my understanding of Him and who He is. There are no more words left – only vanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer