Reciprocating saws and magic wands

If I had a magic wand of my own
I would wave it over me and over you
And over all this crazy world
And make it right
Oh and there’s so much I’d change
If I could take the easy way! – Chris Rice

Kind of a wild weekend it was around our house. The laundry tub overflowed on Friday afternoon so we thought that we would take the opportunity to do some painting and the like in the laundry room as we would be taking out all of the stuff to shampoo the rug to get the water and stink up. Well, ripping out the laundry tub was a pain (I had to cut it up with my new reciprocating saw) and then I had to cut some pipe and solder new connections on for two new faucets to feed the washer. Then we had to get a new utility sink to replace the one I cut up. Then we realized that the carpet squares that were down had to get ripped up and replaced. In other words if this were truly all about painting then we would be done now. We aren’t.

Right now we have the ceiling and walls painted. The trim looks decent but needs another coat and about half the rug is ripped up with the floor scraped. We have all of the rug and adhesive we need along with all of the paint for the trim, but it all just needs to be applied. When it gets done, it is going to look really good. I am looking forward to the final result because right now, it looks like such a mess. If I could I would wave my magic wand and it would be done.

So why hasn’t God done that? The Fall sure made a mess out of things and took His world and dashed it to pieces. Why didn’t He just snap His fingers and right everything again? Could it be that He is not as capricious as I make Him out to be? Could it be that His ways are so far and above mine that He exposes my desires as more animalistic than human?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer