No deception

When Jesus saw Nathaniel approaching He said, "Here is a true Israelite, one who is without deceit." John 1:47

Wow. Am I glad I do not have a daily column in an newspaper or some other form of media. I like to write and I think I am pretty decent at it, but to do it for a living and to be so fresh has got to be difficult. Too difficult for me, unless I had a topic that I wrote about in a daily way like technology or cement.

Making it personal is probably the best way that I can show people that I am genuine. Also I think it is the best way that I can show people that we are in this boat together and that I will need them to grab the oar on occasion when I am tired. Coupled with that is the promise that I will grab it and row as mightily as I can when they need me to. With chest bare and motives exposed people can see the true me and I can then be free to genuinely say that I do not have it all together. It relaxes me (on occasion) and almost always relaxes those around me. Deception is a killer and it has a funny way of rising to the surface. It has done that in my life. I make my teaching personal when I teach because I want people to critically examine the material against the backdrop of my life. I then, implicitly, invite them to do the same either publicly or privately. In any venue I use me to open them up to themselves. Such a simple tool with profound implications. My imperfection (weakness) used by Him to glorify Him.

Once again, in spite of myself, He chooses to use me to build His kingdom and add souls daily to His Church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer