"Problem-solving" mode

It seems to me that when I enter into someone’s pain and empathize with their plight I can a credibility and a passport that I would not have received had I not done that. In other words, as a man I have a tendency to be super analytical. This causes problems sometimes as I am always in “problem-solving” mode. Some people are not interested in me solving their problems and that makes me impatient with them. Or at least that is the way I see it.

When there is a problem, or when people are communicating a problem to me, a lot of the time they are testing me. Testing to see whether I will enter into their struggle and show compassion. As I identify with them I build credibility and may even be granted passport to help them solve their issue. That is difficult for me but I have seen it time and time again. It is a new “problem-solving” mode but the problem solved is much different. It is a problem with me and the solving has to do with my tendency to control and dominate rather than relate.

People do not want a “go to” guy to solve all of their problems. They want a relationship. And what an awesome gift that they desire a relationship with me. There is nothing I can think of that is sweeter than this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer