The miracle of relationship

One of the “miracles” of marriage (actually any long-term relationship but marriage in particular) is that my wife knows exactly who I am yet chooses each and every day to stay with me. Not only to stay with me but to craft her life in and around mine so tightly that she does not make decisions without thinking of me. Even when I (and this happens too often) make decisions without consideration of her, she plows ahead making sure her life is holy and, thus, pleasing to God. Sitting with the church on Sunday I thought about this and then related it to God Himself and His desire to relate to me. He, independent of my consideration of Him, crafted a way to have a relationship with me that is unlike anything I will experience here. At the same time He knows me better than I know myself (Altar Boys anyone??) and yet in His great love he stoops to me and raises me up so that I can get to know Him.

That is a miracle and as my wife continues in her pursuit of a relationship with me, as she sets her love on me day after day, she participates in the Divine nature of God Himself. Made in the image of God she embraces in practice what she is in position and models Him to our boys, to the world. Relationships are hard, but they are the best vehicle for advancing the Kingdom on this earth. I dare say they are the only vehicle for it all started when God, in His great love and mercy, promised a Deliverer to Adam and Eve so that the relationship that was broken could be renewed and made whole again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04