Is it true?

Is what they are saying about me true?

Is there even a shred, hint, modicum, particle, atom of truth to what they are saying about me?

How have I contributed to this conflict? What has been my role?

As this conflict squeezes me (a man too prone to sin) what is God revealing to me about my sin nature? What is God showing me about myself that I need to work on?

How am I responding to this conflict? Am I running from it? Ignoring it? Attacking the people I am in conflict with?

Did Christ go through a similar situation? How did he respond? How can I entrust myself to Him who judges justly?

What are my motives as I respond? Are they pure? God-honoring? Will they build up or tear down?

I need to ask myself all these questions and more – relentlessly focusing on myself when conflict arises. How is it that I immediately start thinking about the other person (or people) when I am in conflict. Because examining myself hurts. And it is hard work. But that is where the Spirit lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer