Antithesis-produced joy

It is for my own good that God demands that I love only Him. His jealousy for His reputation, unlike my own, is right and true. A happy by-product of His longing for His reputation is the salvation of my soul and the continual separation of myself into more delightful and happier living. Obviously, if this by-product never came to be, God would have every right (as if He needs my permission) to demand that all obedience, worship, and even heartfelt love be directed toward Him. Even if those things produced hell-like pain in our souls and bodies God would be just in His declaration that it be so. But what joy to know that as I seek Him, as I draw near to Him…He draws near to me. That gives me pause and sends shivers through me.

It rails against my flesh but as I put to death the deeds of the flesh and the Spirit reigns that is when death becomes the comfortable vehicle that God has redeemed it to be. When I love God my relationship with my wife and children, friends and co-workers takes on a dimension that was intended before the great fall. I for one am glad that God and Dagon cannot occupy the same room without the one losing it’s head and hands. It is for my joy that God’s jealousy toppled Dagon. For He will have no rivals. And I will fill my gut with the crumbs that fall from the table where this antithesis feasts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04