Whose hands are these?

Non-calloused hands, tired eyes, a mouse, and a laptop that has a screen that flickers every once and a while…in the Father’s hands these instruments can be used for righteousness. I pray that they are. So much is made of the method of ministry – so much that I wonder if we are missing the wonder of it all. That often the hands that are attached to these feeble arms move in concert with the Singer of the Song of the Ages. That from everlasting to everlasting there was a plan, a method, a desire, an aria where the movement (the second? the third? is it a Scherzo?) included me. The Composer set His love on me and said, “Mark! Serve me and I will make you and instrument in the finest composition ever played!”

And I, with the throng of the chosen, will push in around the throne someday straining for a sight of my Lover and He will kiss me with the sweetest kiss. Every desire and longing that has ever been satisfied or unrequited will be swallowed up in that kiss and my Lover and His beloved will laugh. And we will sing.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04