Not the yardstick I think I am

Sometimes I just need to swallow hard and realize, really realize, that I am not the measure of all things. More than once this weekend things were not going exactly as I had planned and envisioned them going. Little things here and there that upset my plans for this and thwarted my plans for that. The funny thing is, if you asked me what those plans were, or even what the episodes were, I would not be able to recall them. But I know the feeling. I know it too well and as it reared its head I had to cut it off. Rather than getting into a funk or having a pained expression on my face I needed to breath deep and commit those feelings to the Holy Spirit. He helped me and I needed every bit of saving I could get.

More than a “complaint” those feelings are an affront to God and the provision He has given me. It is not a bad temper or a bad attitude, it is a sin in the highest order. Do I ask God to help me with them so that I am more pleasant to be around or so that I am more like His Son? Why do I ask myself these questions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer