Marvelous and born of Him

It’s marvelous…and I don’t use that word lightly…that two boys, so different, can come from the same two people. The oldest is so agile, so coordinated in his movements that my wife and I often look at each other amazed that he can do what he does. The younger is so verbal and relationship oriented that my wife and I often look at each other amazed at what he says and how friendly he is. These differences were really from the womb and solidified early in their lives. God has a funny way of introducing variety into the species doesn’t he? I love them both to death and love coming home to see them. I see the strain of love on their mother’s face as well at times. She is deeply committed to them and it resonates to the core of who she is. Thanks be to God that it does!

I don’t want to pigeon-hole them into specific activities because of their abilities. If the older wants to try out for the school play or run for class president that would be great. If the younger wants to (like his dad) go out for baseball and it lasts a year he’ll be stronger for it. I also want to help them to explore their giftedness and suggest areas where their gifts could be put to good use. I am excited to see what Spiritual gifts God has placed in them as well. That will help them in their (prayerfully, please God!) quest to build the Kingdom. What an exciting time in their lives. I am thrilled to be a part of it. And I don’t use that word lightly either as my heart, even now, wells up with excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer