Explore this with me

The humility that consistently opens up to the possibility that I may be wrong whenever I utter a sentence escapes me far too often. Pondering the implications of me being mistaken when I dispense my facts leaves me a bit breathless. I do not think that is too strong of a term. For if my little reality that I have painted develops holes not only will I have to reassess what I hold to be true but I will have to do it in front of others and that is not a bright prospect for me. Rather than admit that I am wrong I thinly hold to the charade watering it down, adulterating it until I can barely taste the juice that was squeezed from the fruit I knew came off of that tree.

Can life be all exploration? No, the Guide has charted a course for us. But there is so much He left off of the map. On purpose no doubt so this life of faith will be lived according to the Spirit who cries out “This way!”. But so much, so many times, I approach those who are most assuredly wrong with the patronizing nonsense that if you disagree with me you disagree with the Father. How does He put up with that? His grace towers over my insolence and sin. How patient He is with me who takes His Name in vain far too readily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer