Oh isnt that typical.

“Oh isn’t that typical?” Those words are like nails down a chalkboard for me. God has made me to be a lot of things, but one thing He has not made me to be is “typical”. I don’t want to be the typical Christian who is just a tad too self-righteous for a decent conversation with an unbeliever. Or the “typical” husband who cares more about work than his wife. Or the “typical” dad who shows his love to his family by the devotion he has to his job. All of that is just not for me and I am committed, with the help of the Spirit, to make these descriptions less and less a part of my life. There are times when I am typical…no doubt about it. But I don’t want that to be what people think of me overall. I want them to say, “Hmmmm….” when confronted with my behavior. That will give glory to God because it is Him and Him alone that can make me atypical.

I need some coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04