King is coming

OK, call me a whack job (most people do), but I always wanted to do a rock opera of sorts on the life of Christ. Nothing like Jesus Christ Superstar. Maybe a little more like Godspell but more gospel focused. Anyway, my first song in the movie/opera would be King by King’s X. I can see Christ with his face set like flint towards Jerusalem coming out of the dessert after the temptation to this.

you are the one who causes me pain
you are the one who causes me grief
you are the one who lied to me
it won't be long soon you will see
King is coming...
you are the one who magnifies hate
you are the one who distorts our love
you are the one disguised as a saint
it won't be long your kingdom will quake
King is coming...

Even though this song was written in 1988, from what I understand, King’s X still opens their shows with it. It is a good warm up song and quite a grabber with the guitar licks. I would be using it for another reason. Um, you’re kidding right? Yeah, the lyrics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04