It's going to get fixed.

Well, I decided to get my car fixed. I called the collision shop where I got the estimate done (about $1,200) and told them I would like them to repair the damage. I feel so bad for the guy that hit me especially since the road was a sheet of ice and I did try to look for ways not to get the thing fixed, but I guess there is more damage to the vehicle than I can see and it looks like fixing it would be the best thing to do. What is strange is that they actually sent a check to my house for the full amount of the repair. Obviously, that check will be signed over to the collision shop when they have completed the work, but the check was sent before I said I wanted the work done. Kind of weird that way. There is a silver lining in this in that there was a bit of rust behind the spare tire that is attached to the back door and that will be gone when the give me the new back door and paint it all up for me.

I just feel so bad and I pray that I am not being petty by getting this thing fixed. I do not think I am, but you never know I guess. If the tables had been turned and I hit this guy I would expect him to make the same decision given the information that I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer