Debtor

It’s there, and sometimes I feel it. For some reason I was acutely aware of it this morning as I was ironing my clothes for work. It was dark in the midst of light. A stench in the sunlit rose garden. A devil hidden shoulder-height amongst the angels. Ready, now….steady…there it is. Really?

Where would I be if it wasn’t for God’s grace? Where would I have fallen if it wasn’t for the God that lifted me? The sand would have mixed with my blood as I walked along the pleasant beach with no sensation alerting me to the cut that was made by the sharp stumble stone. And the infection would have taken hold and the wound made mortal. Mortality, my enemy, would have engulfed me and the steps into eternity would be filled with fire. If it wasn’t for the siren aria pronounced so sweetly by the Singer where would I be? What stage would I play on? What audience would cheer me? What verdict would my world leave for me to bear?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer