Stewardship defined?

As Christians we should be the best thinkers, artists, singers, songwriters, teachers, employees…you name it, we should be the best at it. Once I view life as a steward would think of the objects he is in charge of there should be no doubt about my response. God is interested in the effectiveness of my stewardship. So interested that He has taken charge of producing Christlikeness in me. He will not leave that to another. Only He will do. Most days I feel as though I am going through the motions. Letting this and that happen to me. Giving thought that is an eighth of an inch deep and a mile wide to seismic, culturally-significant in the church. Am I missing something? If so, what? Is it as simple (as some claim) to be well-versed in the history of the church and the death of the martyrs? Is there more than that? I know the Bible (not as well as most) but what does that knowledge buy me?

The pursuit of holiness is the pursuit of the splendid stewardship that makes the Master take notice and to brag about His servants. There is just so much confusion in my head sometimes about what that stewardship looks like. On one hand we have cute cathedrals arm in arm with the discos, and on the other we have women covering their heads and wearing skirts as they jog. Where is it? It does not suffice to say the middle, not for me anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer