Home is not familiar enough yet.

We’re not home yet. And how much of what I hold dear will show others that have faith (and those that do not) that I do not understand that? I love stuff. There is no question about it. The acquisition of stuff enthralls me sometimes. I went to Circuit City yesterday on my way to a friend’s house to pick up Turbo Tax. I have been perusing the ads lately because they are always offering free stuff if you buy Turbo Tax. A couple of years ago I got a big bunch of nothing for buying it and I will not repeat that mistake again. See what I mean? Well, Circuit City was running a special that if I buy Turbo Tax and some Internet assistant application I would get a free mp3 player. Yes! Free stuff!

Armed with this knowledge I went into the store and finally found out what I needed to do get my free stuff. It turned out that I had to plunk down $110 and wait for a $70 rebate in the mail for my mp3 player that looked kind of goofy and had a memory capacity of 128 Mb. Not the deal I was looking for. There I saw someone who was buying two video iPods and thought, “Nice.” Nope, we are not home yet. And certainly “home” has not come to roost in my heart to the extent that it needs to. This Kingdom is within me and is unlike anything this world has ever seen. Please, God, let it be seen in me in ever increasing measure! I need that more than I need Turbo Tax and all of the freebies that go with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer