Do I dream of my name in lights?

So I wonder what it would take to get a screenplay considered for production? I can see all of the classic images of a producer sitting down to lunch and someone pulling out a screenplay. The producer’s eyes roll (maybe outwardly or maybe not) as the budding writer prattles on about the merits of their particular approach: a stilted lover, a gunshot, the ensuing whodunit mystery with the all-too-clever detective and his bumbling sidekick (or vice versa). Shock, innuendo, way too many people that wanted this guy dead, pursuit and allegations: it is something that has been sold and rehashed so many times that it makes life seem a little too repetitive even for the average man. The reason I led with that question is because I had a bit of a story flash into my mind on my way to work this morning. Am I crazy enough to develop it? Am I crazy enough to fit the stereotype I have held in derision just a couple of lines ago? Ugh. I don’t know. I think I have a better shot getting it published as a short story somewhere. Maybe then it will get picked up and adapted into something more movie-like.

Right, just like the wave of people reading this blog and leaving comments. Stay humble, Mark. Humility is the lifeblood of the believer. It brought me life, nay, it brought Life to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer