Well we have hot water agian

Well, we have hot water again and it feels good. We got a good hot water heater and I asked a friend to help me with running the gas line. We half-installed it ourselves (we hooked up the gas) and had a plumber run the water lines to and from the tank. All in all I think we spent about $415. That is good considering the lowest quote I got for a professional install was $545. And that was for a cheaper water heater. We upgraded the gas line and the shut-off valve for the gas and water too. All in all I am satisfied with the job we did. If it happens again I will be installing flexible lines for the water to and from the tank. I think I can do that and still be in code. I’ll have to check it out.

All that to say that this situation threw me for more of a loop than I wanted it too. As I grow in the Lord and understand His provision in my life I am truly amazed. From jobs to houses to cars to food – everything I need and a lot of what I want has been given to me by Him. And I wring my hands and wonder if the snake will be given when fish is needed. Is this the time when I am served the stone? We have assurance that this will never happen. Even if we did this to our own children (and we do at times) God would never do that to us. Love and Omnipotence are an amazing pair aren’t they?

We had a great time worshipping together as a church last night. I am truly grateful that the Son was pleased as man with men to dwell. More importantly, he is still pleased to dwell with us but in a much more intimate way than he did while he was here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer