Nothing has really changed, right?

I am not the same person I used to be. I live on a different street than I did two years ago and drive a different car. In fact I have been through two cars. We decorated our house differently for Christmas this year and got a nice Christmas tree from a different Christmas tree farm than last year. We didn’t hang the glass icicles on the tree this year because the kids like to look at the tree a little too closely. We will change that when they get older. We are going over to my in-laws’ house on Christmas day for the first time in, I think, forever, but maybe just since the kids were born. I am doing something different at work this year than I had been in my previous years here. I have a new boss too. So far, since I have been here, I have had 6 bosses (in eight years).

Gas prices have been going down recently. It was $3.49 a gallon over the labor day holiday weekend. It is down to $2.36 right now. I upped the deductions on my paycheck so I will be getting more back throughout the year rather than getting a refund check in February or March. Our school taxes are going up a bit, but the County taxes are holding the line right now. I think there is a leak in our roof as there is a growing water stain on our ceiling. Shoot me if I know where that is coming from. New people moved in down the street from us and it looks like they are going to be taking care of the house they bought much more diligently than the people who moved out. That will be nice for the neighborhood.

Is there any wonder why God’s Immutability is my second favorite attribute of His?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer