Idolatry? Today?

I can feel it. This is when I have to be very careful. One of the kids was up last night (ok, the whole night) coughing and crying. Needless to say, my wife and I got very little sleep. Sleep is one of my idols and I get very easily upset/bent out of shape/frustrated when I do not have enough sleep. I tend to treat people badly and get grumpy to the point of being rude. OK, now that the truth is out I need a plan of action:
  • Pray! God wants me to have a good attitude and I need Him to grant the desire of my heart.

  • Relentlessly focus on others today. Make an extra effort to make sure other people’s needs are met before mine. I should be doing this every day, but some days it comes a tad more naturally.

  • Ask “Is there anything I can do?” so much that it gets to the border of being annoying.

  • Make sure the kids are mine tonight. I don’t care how much of a bummer work may be, I need to make sure I am the primary parent tonight.

  • Know that any misbehavior is probably born out of the lack of sleep due to the sicknesses the kids have been dealing with. Now is not the time to be demanding straight A’s. I will encourage them toward the A but I’ll take a B or C+ at this point.

  • Pop popcorn.
Carefully. Walk carefully and be slow to speak today, Mark. This is not a test. This is the real thing.
Well, he has pneumonia.  I feel so bad for him. Thankfully God heals us of our sicknesses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer