And the need for a Savior Continues

And the need for a Savior continues…..

Every day I realize what a debtor to grace I really am. Is it all grace all the time? A thousand times yes. No pay for performance scheme would ever get this boy to anywhere of value. My role as husband, parent, sibling, son….all of it needs to be soaked in His grace. Not one ounce of who I am, not one molecule or atom in my body is isolated from this. I stumble through life sometimes in such a stupor I wonder what victory is. Is this the life He has called me to? Is this all there is? Is this the saving?

Then He smiles and sings. The cold north wind throws the finest, whitest snow at my face as I crunch onward. I feel so alive! See the diamond days sparkle? Sing over me Lord! Sing the song that I only “know” in the place between the wake and sleep! Yes Lord, you satisfy and the dark days, the tears, the infections all are swallowed up and crushed through your mighty Grace. The wrath I have earned has been lifted from my shoulders and I feel so alive!

And the need for a Savior continues…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer