We get so disappointed at times

We get so disappointed at times when our friends or others who do not have a relationship with God through Christ act in a way that is contrary to the Bible. Why? Is this not to be expected? Do we have unrealistic expectations of the non-redeemed or are we just feeling concern over their spiritual state? Why shouldn't a dog bark and a bird sing? Which leads us straight back to us - to me. I have been bought, I am a child of God, yet I often am that barking bird. People ought to question me either out loud or in their hearts when I do not act as I should. But they can't understand the war that rages in my heart; they can't fathom the depth of the cries for satisfaction that my flesh screams. Right, negate my responsbility with the "but". See how bad it can get?

The introduction of Christ into our lives is an invitation to a foretaste of the blessed life that He intended all of His creation to have. It is also an invitation to struggle. No wonder in Miracles C.S. Lewis celebrates our physical death. It is the end of the struggle, the culmination of our faith, and the blessed life wraps itself around us and swallows up all longing into utter and complete satisfaction. And Love will still sing the siren song that has called countless people to Himself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer