Summers past

I never will forget those nights
I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy?
Remember how I made you scream
Now I don't understand what happened to our love
But babe, I'm gonna get you back
I'm gonna show you what I'm made of

I can see you-
Your brown skin shinin' in the sun
I see you walkin' real slow and you're smilin' at everyone
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone - Boys of Summer, Don Henley

For some reason today, in my mind, I received a glimpse of Summers past. I am quite sure that I, in the midst of my high school Summers, didn't realize how magical it truly was. The noontime's heavy air and the heady nights that I would spend either working or out with friends...what vision! I had no idea what the future held, but I knew what I was pursuing. I was chasing this good time, that girl, those 18 holes...not a care in the world beyond the moment it seemed. The walks, and eventually, the drives I would take up around and what seemed like through the lake at times - those dizzying days filled my senses until I thought they'd burst. What rapture! My eyes tear even now as the feelings swell in my heart.

Could there, in my wildest imagination, be better days than these? Days that would even hold a breath to the wind of this storm? You couldn't have convinced me of that then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04