Still struggling to say "yes"

I haven't made as much progress as I thought in finding reasons to say "yes" rather than "no". This morning the oldest asked me if I would go outside with him and wait for the bus. I had anticipated getting to work a little early as I am leaving early this afternoon so, in my head, I waffled a bit more than I should have. I wonder if he noticed? I did notice his excitement when the two of us were outside. He likes to wait for the bus outside rather than inside for some reason. All in all I made it a tougher decision than it needed to be. Progress seems to be so slow in my life and it drives me a little nuts. I would love to rehearse for every single circumstance that God may throw my way, but I simply can't. It is hard to prepare for it all.

I guess I need to build the kind of character that reacts as God does in every circumstance. The fruit of a life submitted to the Holy Spirit should be what I am after. I would think that a life characterized by that would lead me to play "pirates" with my boys in ever-increasing measure.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer