His hand

One of the few things that I want my sons to internalize is to always look at events in their lives through God's perspective. Not only to see what it is that He requires, but to see the events and circumstances in their lives as if He is moving them along towards something...for, certainly, He is. Now this can get a little hairy at times in that God has a million reasons for everything that happens in my life. I need to accept that things may happen in my life for God to affect change in someone else and rest in the knowledge that I am a tool in His toolbox of sorts. Also, there is a danger in finding a reason for everything, but there are some things that He has clues me in on and, when He does, it is warmly reassuring.

During a slow time at work I thought it would be a good thing for me to set up my laptop to run Linux and really begin to learn it. I am doing a lot of work with researchers now and my new found Linux knowledge has proven to be indispensable. Now it could have been luck (if I believed in such a thing) that I ascribe this to, but there is no reason to do so. God moved me to do this and has promised to continue to take care of me and commands me to cast all my cares on Him.

He doesn't clue me in on much (or maybe I am just too dense to realize), but when He does my rest becomes that much deeper and more and more sweet.

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer