Carrying the day

This will always be a struggle for me in all the work I do, but especially in ministry. How much of what I do for Him is "me" doing it in my strength and how much of this whole thing is Him and His strength? I mean the obvious things are easy: When I preach the Word or I comfort those in need of it I know that has got to be Him. These are things that He commands me to do and when I do them I acknowledge His Lordship in my life and live in His strength.

But what of the motive for doing these things? How much of what I do is actually motivated purely out of love for Him? How much of it is in my strength and born out of a sense of obligation or hope of future reward? If those are the motives than I can be assured that the work I do is in my strength even if I preach the Word.

Oh to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer