Yeah boy! Get your Geek on!

If only I heard this as my geekiness comes through I think I would be more encouraged. I am doing some XSLT work right now in a "new-to-me" tool called Bonfire Studio. Kind of a nice tool to coordinate all XML and XSLT in a single project and get it all working well together. I want to transform a super-small DITA XML instance into a WordML XML instance. I do like XML to XML transformations as they are what XSLT is all about.

Once that is working what I want to do is attach the XSLT to a FrameMaker structured application and then automatically transform the DITA instance to WordML upon export. If I have time (and haven't lost interest) I will write another XSLT stylesheet to get the WordML back into DITA and back into FrameMaker for editing.

Splendid geekery if I do say so myself. Of course, all of this calling myself a geek means nothing unless it is recognized by someone else. Thankfully it has been by numerous people so the moniker is as solid as it can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04