Longing for my children

I guess I am a geek at heart. What I mean by that is that I have always been fascinated with technology and science. Maybe more with science fiction than with actual science as I am not all that scientifically inclined. Some of the zippiest technology that is coming out these days is in the areas of mobile video and wireless data transmission. It is so cool to see video players that are the size of a pack of cards with 80/100 gigabyte hard drives. And to think that I thought the miniDV camera we bought 3 years ago was cool. Us Americans are insatiable it seems with the technology that we are clamoring for. If only I pursued God with such vigor.

I have been in a conversation online with an atheist. I figured it was a good way to go through some of the presuppositional apologetics that I think is the right way to go when talking about the nature of God and revelation. It scares me a bit to think that the conversation I am having with him may be one that I will have with my children one of these days. I need to make extra sure that the God I serve is as attractive as possible to my children. I do not want to be the cause of their turning away. I desperately want them to follow God with their whole heart. Even more so than I do. Their lives, and mine, would be so much more rich if they do.

Lord, teach me how to long for their souls like You do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer