Spell check in ScribeFire (Chrome 19)

For the longest time I have used the ScribeFire plugin for Firefox and, now, for Chrome 19 for blogging, but not had a functional spell checker in that plugin. Not so recently, I had subscribed to a post about it in a feature list or bug parade type of forum and have been monitoring the progress of the enabling of the spell checker for the plugin. Well, I finally have it working.

I received a post that kind of put me on the right track. Here is what I did: it turns out that the ScribeFire plugin is uses TinyMCE which is a WYSIWYG browser-based editing control. Well, there is a file called tinymcesrc.js (in the Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions directory) where there is a line that reads 

if (!s.gecko_spellcheck)
t.getBody().spellcheck = 0;

The value of the t.getBody().spellcheck needs to be changed from 0 to 1. Once that was done I was able to use an inline spell checker ala MS Word.

If the file mentioned earlier is no in the directory mentioned earlier, just search for it on the C: drive and make the specified edits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer