Starcraft 2 - no LAN support

OK, I have to be honest, I have been at least mildly excited about the upcoming Starcraft 2 release as I have fond memories of the initial release. I never really got the hang of any of the races other than Terran, but I did have a lot of fun playing it over a LAN. To know that LAN support is not going to be part of the new release of Starcraft is mildly disappointing to say the least. At first I thought that the Battle.net option would be a fine replacement, but after reading some very good commentary on that on Slashdot I think that not having LAN support is a bit of a mistake on Blizzard's side.

I would like to think that the hue and cry over its LAN-lessness would prompt Blizzard to rethink its inclusion in the rlease. I would also like to think that Blizzard would not wait for tanking sales of the title (if it indeed materializes) to force it to issue an upadate adding LAN support. Then, again, I am not part of the uber-geek crowd that willl be camped out to raid the Best Buy at midnight on the release date of the game either so my comments may be less of an issue than those of that ilk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer