More wet, mushrooms, and weeds

At the risk of turning this into a weather journal we have been humid and wet for the past two weeks and it is definitely beginning to show in our yard. I noticed that the weeds are beginning to assert themselves a bit in the left-hand corner of our front garden (by the forsythia) and that I need to get a handle on making them go away. I haven't even looked at the gutters on the back roof as I am sure the seedlings that are growing in my gutter are starting to get bark on their new trunks. I am not sure what this has done with the moss situation on the top roof and I am almost afraid to look. We also need to get rid of an ever-increasing crop of mushrooms that have found a happy home in out mulch around the play set in the backyard. It looks like mechanical removal via a shovel and some fungicide is in order soon - if it ever stops raining that is.

On another note I noticed that the clethra I replanted is starting to get some new leaves on it and it looks like it has stopped dying. The two are quite the embarrassment right now, but I am sure with a little TLC that they will be A-OK. I also got my first nitrite reading (0.25 ppm) in the aquarium that has been cycling for a week and a half now. I am hoping that the ammonia will be dropping more soon so we can look at getting our fishy friends in there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer