Better than I deserve


I have not suffered nearly enough
For the crime that I have done.
- if you're listening, The Choir

Our pastor "recommended" that we answer the question "How have things been going?" with the reply "Better than I deserve." He said that we would get a few quizzical looks if this were our response. Even among the redeemed.

The quote above sums it up for me. The fact is that I have not suffered nearly enough for the crime that I've done. And the prone position I retain as I lean on His Grace minute by minute rails against the very core of my humanness. The debt I have can never be repaid. The love I have (Love I have?) cannot be expressed.

If You're listening, Lord, I love You. Please teach me what that means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer