My stargazing rig

OK, not the most advanced setup in the world, but this is what I use to stargaze:

  • Celestron Nexstar 114GT (4.5 inch Newtonian Reflector) – it has an upgraded hand control that is leaps and bounds better than the one it came with out of the box

  • Palm M125

  • Planetarium Version 2.2.5 (I need to check for an updated version)

  • RS232 cable to connect the Palm to the hand control

  • 12 volt power supply

  • an assortment of Plossl and SMA eyepieces - I use the 30mm Plossl and the 25mm SMA the most

  • duct tape (no, really holds the power connection securely in the scope)

I have a work-issued laptop that I would like to take out with the scope. I will at some point. I wonder if the RS232 cable I have works with the serial port on the laptop? I need to check this out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04