Don't know when I'll be back again...

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
I'm leavin' on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go - Leaving on a Jet Plane, John Denver


I used to travel a whole lot more than I do now. There may come a time when I am, again, on the road. 

But now, right now, I am apart from those I love the most in this world. Every morning I step out and separate myself from them in one way or another. And they do the same. Out of my sight I cannot hear them nor can I call for them. They won't answer. I won't either. We don't need a jet plane to separate us. Time and any measure of distance does that.

Kiss me. Smile. I am leaving you now and I don't know when I will be back. I don't know if I will be back.

There is One that does. And he requires that I trust him with the secret things that are his. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04