A mix tape for you.

It seems like a long time ago, the 1980’s doesn’t it? 

There was so much that happened during that time in our lives. So many friends that we found and lost. So many tests that we tanked and aced. So many songs that we shared with guys and girls that we found as friends and maybe even with a hope for something more. 

At any rate, maybe it’s because I am 46 or maybe it’s because of something more (a wish maybe?) that I want to completely re-imagine my life with you in it. As significant as you are to me now I want to think about us sharing our lives together as the music that meant so much to me was playing and as the times those songs reminded me of burst to mind. 

I mean the fact is I wish you were there with me. I don’t know why but I do. So this is, maybe, a misguided attempt to express those feelings to you and rewrite my entire life with you. My entire life.

Hopefully you won’t find this strange, silly, or stupid. It just seemed like it was something right for me to do at this point in our lives and love together. You mean so much to me. So much so that I wanted to turn even my nostalgia toward you.

So, this series of posts will be a mix tape of sorts. A mix tape I never really got to make you but one I would have given you had you been there with me. I hope you're ready because I have been working on this for a long time now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04