It happened and it's all right

Recently I blogged about my tendency to think about God rather than express myself to Him. One of the fears I had was that if I didn't think about a certain aspect of God I would miss out on an opportunity to meditate on it or even blog about it later. Well, as a church we were singing Revelation Song to God last Sunday when a thought about something or other entered my mind. I tried my best to refuse it and, after a little bit, it left. I was concerned about it not returning with sufficient enough clarity for me to think about it later or write about it some time this week. Sure enough that thought I had is gone.

It is kind of a strange feeling knowing I had something right there in the front of my mind and that I just went and got rid of it. I am not sure I have ever had this happen before. In the not-too-distant past I would have even bent down, gotten the program out, and written it down so that I would not lose it. I wasn't tempted to do that this time at all as the battle was manifest only in my heart and mind.

So a blog post about something that is no longer in my mind? Yes - I guess so.

It happened that way and it's more than all right. In fact, It's downright good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04