Thankful to be exhausted, nauseated, and dizzy

Originally I thought about titling this post as "Exhausted, nauseated, dizzy, and thankful" but I thought better of it for that would belittle what God did for me yesterday.

I have never been more convinced of this than I am now: God does His best work through relationships. Just looking at the way Jesus called 12 people to himself and how he lived with them and for them makes me think that this was His plan all along. Yesterday I got to spend the entire day at Darien Lake with some junior highers and middle-schoolers from Northridge Church's youth ministry and to say that it was splendid is a complete understatement. It was just about heavenly. To top it all off I got to hug my fifth-grade son and let him know that I was thrilled to have the opportunity to spend the day with him.

How could God have done better work? How could He have been more excellent in the way He provided for me as I got to hang out with people I am growing to love even more and, hopefully, show them a glimmer of who He is. This is, truly truly, what I was meant to do and where I was meant to be. It was great to be with other leaders that love these junior highers and middle-schoolers to such an extent that they initiate conversations with them and sacrifice their own health at times to serve God in this way.

So simple and yet so holy. Attempting to see what happened yesterday through His eyes has allowed me an opportunity to see a different side of Him. A side of Him that I would have been able to take in had I not rode the Predator 3 times or gone on those spinny rides that contributed to my sound sleep last night.

You've done it again, haven't you Lord? Why do you bless me like this? Your love fills this place and this heart. May I give it away in ever-increasing measure as I look to imitate You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer