It's "compatible"

There was some fear in my heart as I moved from Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 running Outlook 2010. Fear that I would not be able to sync my trusty Palm Tungsten E with my calendar that is managed in Outlook. Well, it turns out my fears were more than unfounded. In fact, with the fix that I dug up on the internet, my synching actually works better than it did under XP. I was having a hard time making it work, but here are the steps I had to take:

  1. Install Palm Desktop 6.2 but choosing to install just the HotSync Manager rather than the entire Desktop
  2. Install the Outlook 2007 conduit updates from Palm.
  3. Install a couple of DLLs from a guy named pizzaboy192 - the link for the DLLs is: http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads

The real "duh" moment for me was that I was following all of the directions, but could not get it to work. I forgot that when you replace the DLLs of a running program you have to restart the program. Once I did that with HotSync Manager everything worked perfectly.

It is good to be back in business with an old friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04