A billion salvations

We had some layoffs at my place of employment a couple of weeks ago. I knew virtually everyone who was impacted by the IRIF (involuntary reduction in force) so it was not a comfortable day for me in the least. After all of the activity was over my boss called the entire group together to give us a heads up on what just happened and the reason for it. Towards the end of the meeting one of my co-workers piped up and said that the entire layoff was botched. He mentioned that the "boxes" for packing up the personal things of the employees that were let go were delivered 10 days prior to the layoff and everyone had been walking around on egg shells since the delivery. He opined that the next time this happened it should be done in a better way.

It was up to that point I had forgotten all about the box delivery. It was up to that point I had forgotten that I had a conversation with one of my co-workers 10 days prior that the boxes had been delivered and that there was going to be a layoff soon. It was at that very point that God shook me as if to say to me, "Do you see what I have saved you from? Do you remember your life before I was a part of it? Wasn't it a lot like his?" God, in His own way, has brought so much peace into my life that I was able to place my trust in Him to see me through my days even in the midst of a layoff box delivery. He saved me from worry, resentment, bitterness, negativity, and a billion other things. A billion salvations. Literally...a billion.

My God - not only have you saved me from Hell, but you gave given me peace in my day. In your mercy you have kept me free from sin in this regard and saved my from all anxiety. Grant that I may always wait in joyful hope for the coming of my Lord and Savior, your Son, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer