An amazing invitation to serve and proclaim

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”...

...Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” They came out of the town and made their way toward him... 

John Chapter 4

What a vessel she was this  woman who had 5 (implied still living) husbands and was living immorally with another man of whom she didn't bother to marry. Yet, here is my Christ asking her for a drink and ministering to her. Her response to carry the message (albeit imperfectly) that the Messiah had come is so beautiful...she must have been in love with him. Who knows how many people put their trust in him that day but one thing is certain: they would not have come if the woman had not gone to get them. Given her reputation I am surprised anyone came. Truly God makes all things possible.

Even more amazing is the fact that he chose her, even her, to serve him and to spread his message to the town.

And more amazing still that he has chosen me to do the same and hasn't shut my mouth out of sheer embarrassment over who I am.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

Where are the good machines?

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04