Staring straight at it

I have never been more convinced in all my life than I am right now in:
  • the sufficiency of the Scriptures for the pursuit of the life that God intends me to have
  • my continual need of a Savior in my life to offer me a countless number of salvations from all manner of death
  • my need of relying on the Holy Spirit to lead me into the knowledge I need and provide the strength I need to build His kingdom
  • the utter inability of any other religious or human system to bring about the heart change that I need
The bitter taste of the fruit of my half-convinced life still lingers in my mouth. And I have stared straight at it in a mirror that I never knew existed. As ugly as it was, the reflection I saw was a gift.

Dad, help me embrace what you showed to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer