Never failing

I guess I take so much about God and His Word for granted. It is quite natural for me to do so because He, His Son's blood, and His Word never fails. I cannot tell you how much peace that brings to my heart. I simply cannot imagine a god who did fail, whose words were only marginally successful, and who made a way for us to be saved that only worked a few times, or off and on. I can't imagine the chaos that would be born as a result of that or the amount of restless nights I would have wondering, if I was not to make it through, whether I would be with him. There would be no trust, no life, no foundation...there would be nothing in a god that impotent.

But He is not that and the more I enter into what He isn't I get a glimpse of who He is. The more I think about life without Him or life with a different god I see the life that I have now. I want those glimpses to make me take less for granted. I hope they do.

I am so glad He made me in His image and not the other way around. I would have created a much smaller god who would have been much less than never failing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing will stand in the way of the Word

tightvnc keyboard mapping problem in Ubuntu 9.04

The Boys of Summer